Did you think I had dropped off of the planet? It seems like I have been hibernating this winter! Although it seems funny to call it winter when the weather is beautiful here and I wore short sleeves to church this morning. My dad just told me the other day that have changed the name of January to June-ary. Seriously, my azelas are blooming! I am loving the weather, but I am all about a little snow each year and a good snow day! You know, just enough to be pretty and play in a little bit. :) We'll have to see what the rest of the season holds.....
Sorry, where was I? I got distracted talking about the weather.... oh yes! Hibernation. I don't really have any good excuse or stories. I have just been busy with life and time has gotten away from me.
Michelle from Inspired by Kindergarten tagged me and I thought I would hop in and play along. Thanks Michelle! (love your name, by the way!)
Now, I hope I can come up with 12 interesting things! Let's see... here goes.
1. I have lived in the same town almost my entire life. I lived in another town for 3 years, but it was still in the same county.
2. I love to travel. I used to travel a decent amount, but then got married and had kids. Things have really slowed down in the travelling department, but my gilrs are old enough now that I look forward to that picking up some. :)
3. I have been to about 35 states. I hope to hit all 50 one day.
4. I was on Inside Edition just after my first daughter was born. At the time we had so many pregnant teachers at our school that The Atlanta Journal sent someone to do a story on it, and then Inside Edition came and did a story! We had something like 15 teachers pregnagnt and 16 babies that year. It was crazy! My daughter was #4 and I was on camera for like 3 seconds. They are all first graders now.
5. My enitre teaching career has been in kindergarten. I love this age group.
6. I also teach 4 year olds at church on Sunday mornings.
7. I love chocolate. Saw a cute Valentine shirt the other day that said "I love chocolate... and the man who brings it to me." :)
8. I also love coffee, but my husband can't stand the smell of it so I never make or drink it at home.
9. I was a parapro for two years before I went back to school to be a teacher.
10. I am a technology idiot! My husband teases me all of the time and my seven year old can figure out things quicker than I can. Sad, but true!
11. I am a Crayola crayon and Elmer's glue snob. I'm not agaist off brands, but these are just the best in my opinion. I really stock up at the back to school sales. :)
and last, but not least, probably the most interesting (at least to my teacher friends)....
12. Dr. Feldman was my first Children's Lit teacher. This is before she was "Dr. Jean"! She was wonderful! I think she is responsible for my love of Children's Literature. Hmmm.... maybe I should send her my Scholastic bill! LOL
12 questions to go anwer:
1. What is your favorite store? Target
2. Do you have a class pet? No
3. Do you prefer Dollar Tree or Dollar General? Dollar Tree
4. How many pets at home do you have? 1, we got a dog for Christmas.
5. Do you have kids of your own? yes, 2
6. How do you deal with help helicopter parents see your side of life? I don't have very many helicopter parents. If they show up much, I put them to work for me!
7. How do you involve absent parents in school activities? I don't stress about it. The only time I really care is if I am trying to get them in for a conference.
8. What is your favorite sport? Baseball, but I'm really not much of a sports fan.
9. What is your favorite team of #8's sport? Atlanta Braves
10. What is the piece of jewelry you wear most often? wedding ring and mothers ring
11. Do you like curtains or blinds? blinds
12. What can brighten your day when nothing else can? My husband and daughters
Wow! This has gotten long. I think I'm late for this party, so I'm not usre I can link up with 12 others, but I'll see what I can do. Thanks again Michelle. This was fun!